Starting Solids | Katie Reitsma, RHN, ECC, CPR-B
Active Baby Kitsilano location. Address: 2918 West Broadway, Vancouver
Join us at Active baby to learn all about transitioning your baby to solid foods (Now with visual slides throughout)! Katie is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist with specialty in pediatric nutrition! You'll learn about introducing allergenic foods, life saving advice within this topic, as well as the best ways to transition your baby to solid foods while supporting your baby's gut for life-long health!
Arrive early to serve yourself a refreshment and get seated, meet other parents, do some shopping.
10:30-11:30am Starting Solids | Katie Reitsma, RHN, ECC, CPR-B
- When to start
- Methods of feeding
- choking vs gagging
- How to start solids and with which foods
- Navigating Allergies
What to Expect:
- A warm lidded coffee
- A 100% evidence based 1 hour slideshow presentation with Katie.
- Food examples
- A take-home cheat sheet with Katie's signature Starting Solids Tracking Chart
- A holiday special : meal-themed photos afterward
- A $10 voucher to Active Baby!
A great time to meet felow parents with babies close in age!
About your speaker:
Katie Reitsma (Live It Well Nutrition) is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist who specializes in pediatric nutrition and does many talks in baby stores or health profession offices in BC.
Katie is 100% science-based and she puts her years of formal nutritional education and decade of working in the school system to use in her business. She offers In-home visits to offer personalized advice, look through your cupboards and help you connect foods to symptoms, as well as sit with you through a baby/ toddler meal. She is a former Emergency Medical Responder and is currently Emergency Child Care and CPR-B certified, specifically trained in infant Anaphylaxis management, choking, and more. Introducing the first allergenic foods with Katie in your home is extremely reassuring!
She is a military wife and the mama to 2 back-to-back littles (a 1 year old girl and 2.5 year old boy). Katie enjoys public speaking and has done so in most large baby stores in and around Vancouver as well as many motherhood podcasts! When in mommy-mode, Katie can be found makeup-free, walking her German Shepherd to parks and playgrounds with her 2 kiddos!
- Baby & Me Yoga Class . Aug 20, Kitsilano store
- Active Baby Kitsilano - Starting Solids & Injury Prevention- October 21, 2019
- Kitsilano store Halloween Trick or Treating & Photo Contest at - Oct 26, 2019
- Lian HandMade PopUp - Active Baby Langley - Nov 2 & 3, 2019
- Cybex Car Seats Safety Talk - Active Baby North Van - Nov 8, 2019