UPPAbaby CRUZ Stroller - Jake/Carbon Frame
As a parent, you are familiar with sacrifice. When your baby comes along, you give up sleep, you say farewell to privacy, and you forget the meaning of alone time. Going somewhere on the spur of the moment is a thing of the past. Now you bring just about every baby product imaginable with you everywhere you go.
But things are about to get easier.
The UPPAbaby Cruz stroller doesn’t ask you to give anything up. It’s there to lend you a helping hand, no matter what adventures your day holds. Crowded shopping malls? No problem. Busy city streets? Like a walk in the park.
The Cruz has lots to offer. Its sturdy aluminum frame has the strength you need without becoming excessively heavy. The maximum allowable storage space—second only to the UPPAbaby Vista—lets you bring all your baby products and still have room for groceries, all while staying maneuverable and easy to push.
And don’t worry about your little one, who will be comfortable in their seat, adjustable to a number of positions. Or remove the seat to make room for a car seat. Whatever you need, it’s ready for you.
You make enough sacrifices to take care of your baby; now let the Cruz take care of you.
- Suitable from 3 months to 50 lbs
- Performance Travel System compatible with MESA Infant Car Seat – direct attachment, no adapters necessary
- 100% full-grain leather accents
- Sleek stroller frame
- Full-size front and rear facing Toddler Seat
- One-handed, multi-position recline
- Adjustable canopy and one-button telescoping handlebar
- Extendable, pop out UPF 50+ sunshade
- One-hand release, pivoting bumper bar for easy loading
- Extra-large, easy-access basket with 25 lbs weight limit
- One-step fold, with or without Toddler Seat attached, and stands when folded
- All weather protection with included Toddler Seat Rain Shield and Bug Shield
- Suitable from birth with the Infant SnugSeat or Bassinet accessory
- Brakes: The Cruz has single action brakes that are sandal foot friendly and easy to set and release. The brake is one giant red pedal in the center of the back side of the frame near the storage bin and is easy to access.
- Storage: This stroller has one of the largest storage bins with one of the highest allowable weight capacities at 25 pounds. The bin is extra-large and easy access on all sides including the front (a rarity). It can fit extra large diaper bag inside with no problem, and it didn't matter what position the seat was in.
- X-Large easy-access basket - 2.7 cubic ft. with a weight limit of 25 lbs.
- Sunshade: The Cruz's sunshade is impressive in size and quality with SPF +50 and kick-out sun visor for extra protection. It offers additional ventilation when fully open and it has a large peek-a-boo window made of mesh that is easy to see through.
- Harness: The 5-point harness is easy peasy to put on, take off, and to adjust and change shoulder height and crotch strap positions. The adjustable crotch strap increases the chances that you can get a good fit. The two side straps pop as they click in the buckle, so you know they are in, and while the release button can be a little stiff, the parts come apart easily. It offers a non-rethread harness adjustment with a unique hook system that is easy to use once you know how.
- Seat: The Cruz has an adjustable leg/foot rest, which is adjustable in several positions, and the footrest is wide but shallow. The footrest is made of plastic, and easy to clean.The seat back recline is another shining feature. It is easy to use with a push button operation that works with one hand.
- Performance Travel System compatible with MESA Infant Car Seat - direct attachment, no adapters necessary
- Stands when folded
- One-handed multi-position recline
- Telescoping handlebar
- Suitable from birth with Infant SnugSeat or Bassinet accessory
Car Seat Compatibility
The Cruz works with the UPPAbaby Mesa car seat and uses the toddler seat attachment points on the stroller frame, so there are no adapters to misplace. The Mesa connects with a click in method and requires the toddler seat and canopy (they are connected) to be removed. It is easy to click in once you get both sides lined up properly, and feels stable. The frame weighs 14 pounds 14 ounces, which makes it a light-weight high-performance stroller.
With the purchase of an adapter, the stroller is compatible with some Maxi-Cosi seats, Chicco options, the Nuna Pipa, and several Cybex options.
The Chicco Keyfit 30 is one of the best choices among the other infant car seats, making it a nice budget-friendly option. However, after purchasing the adapter and the car seat, it comes closer to the price of the Mesa which fits on the frame without an adapter.
The handlebar has a telescoping adjustment that prevents flex in the frame or handlebar. It has a nice range from 40.6 to 43.2 inches. The tubing is a nice size and shape and it is easy to grip. The bar is foam covered with the exception of the handle adjustment button that is hard plastic and the new updates include a leather wrapped handlebar that feels good in the hand.
The fabric on the seat, basket, and canopy is a soft and tightly woven canvas that is nice to the touch and wipes clean relatively easily. The canvas reaches all the way down to the footrest that is made of smooth plastic.
- Unfolded: 22.25 W x 37 L x 39.5 H
- Folded with seat attached: 22 W x 14 L x 37 H
- Folded without seat attached: 22 W x 12 L x 37 H
- Frame + Seat: 21.5 lbs
- Frame: 15 lbs
- Seat: 6.5 lbs
About Uppababy: UPPAbaby is a family run American company with more than a decade of experience in the juvenile product industry. They draw inspiration from daily family life and strive to create products that are easy to use, safe, and fun. UPPAbaby's goal is to improve products without sacrificing convenience, usability, or style. UPPAbaby also offers an infant car seat, the award winning UPPAbaby Mesa, and several stroller options that include lightweight, full-size, double, and umbrella options.