Babybjorn Carrier Original (15615)
Babybjorn Carrier Original (15615)
- Products By Tag
- By Category
- Product Vendors
- Customer Views
- Other details
Babybjorn Carrier Original
A classic baby carrier with a design based on our very first baby carrier model. Small, easy-to-use and perfect for your newborn. A few buckles and some simple adjustments allow you to carry your baby comfortably and securely. Suitable from birth.
• SMALL AND EASY TO USE - Newborns require a lot of physical closeness, both day and night. The Baby Carrier Original is the perfect choice. You can put on or take off your baby carrier yourself without assistance. This is particularly useful when you are putting your baby to bed. When your baby falls asleep in the carrier, just unfasten the side buckles to open up the front part of the carrier. There’s no need to wake your baby.
• CLOSE TO YOUR HEART SINCE 1973 - Our first baby carrier was developed back in 1973. It was designed to maximize the closeness between the child and the parent, right from birth. The Baby Carrier Original is based on the treasured classic from 1973 and over the years it has enabled millions of children and parents to enjoy that all-important closeness every single day.
• PERFECT FOR NEWBORNS -
The Baby Carrier Original can be used right from day one and it is anatomically designed to carry your growing child. The upright position keeps airways free and allows you to supervise your child’s breathing.
Free arms and legs
Legs and arms can move freely in the Baby Carrier Original, allowing your child to develop muscles, motor skills and balance.
• ALL-IMPORTANT HEAD SUPPORT - Imagine if your head weighed a third of your entire body weight! That’s how it is for newborns. Newborn babies are not strong enough to hold their heads up without support for the first five months. Just like our other baby carriers, this baby carrier can be adjusted to provide your baby with the correct head and neck support.
• COMFORTABLE AND SECURE IN AN INSTANT - With the Baby Carrier Original, you only need to fasten a few buckles to carry your baby comfortably and securely. The color-coded buckles and safety click will ensure that you fasten the baby carrier correctly. The baby carrier can be easily adjusted for that perfect fit. Great when you and your partner want to share the load!
• OUTWARD-FACING OPTION - We recommend you to carry your child facing you for the first five months. Once your child’s neck, back and hips are strong enough, you can start carrying your child facing both inwards and outwards. Most babies delight in discovering the world while safely resting against your chest.
• DEVELOPED WITH PEDIATRICIANS - This product was developed in close collaboration with pediatricians. We work with leading pediatricians, midwives and child psychologists. Their medical expertise is extremely important to us and they provide us with invaluable input when we develop new products. We never launch a product without their approval.
• SAFE AND TESTED TEXTILES - All fabrics used in this product are gentle against your child’s skin and safe to chew or suck on. They have been tested and approved in accordance with Oeko-Tex ® Standard 100 Class I. This means that the textiles are free from health-hazardous substances and allergens.
o From birth
Min. 8 lb/21 in (3.5 kg/53 cm)
Max. 26 lb/12 kg
Minimum age outward-facing: 5 months
Maximum weight outward-facing: 24 lb/11 kg
For children between 8-10 lb/3.5-4.5 kg, use the leg straps to tighten the leg openings.
o All fabrics are kind to your baby's skin and safe to taste. Free from health hazardous substances and certified according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100, class I for baby products. That’s important to us!
Fabric: 100% cotton
Padding: 100% polyester (body), 90% polyester and 10% PU Foam (straps)
Fabric: 100% polyester
The Baby Carrier Original meets the US safety standard ASTM F2236 and CPSIA 2008, Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The General Conformity Certificate (PDF)
The Baby Carrier Original meets the safety standard EN13209-2:2005.
• PRODUCT CARE
o Machine wash, warm (40°C). Wash separately with a gentle, bleach-free detergent. Do not tumble dry.